When it comes to improving your site’s SEO, there are a variety of factors that you need to consider. Search engine optimization is all about getting search engines, such as Google, to see the relevance and importance of your page in comparison to others. In order to do this, search engines look for factors such as optimized content, domain authority, page speed, mobile friendliness and much more.
However, ensuring that your website is hitting all the marks on each of these factors can be a lot to keep up with. So does Shopify offer SEO plug-ins?
Well, yes, yes they do.
Shopify SEO plug-ins come in handy if you’re not quite sure how to get started with the SEO process. Here are some of the best SEO plug-ins for your Shopify site that may give you the boost you need:
No matter what kind of SEO optimization you’re looking for, auditing is an absolute must when it comes to figuring out the best SEO strategy moving forward. Auditing allows you to customize your SEO strategy to your site’s specific needs rather than simply follow cookie-cutter strategies.
Price: $20 per month after 7-day free trial
- Automatically audits your site for SEO issues and best practices
- Allows you to optimize meta tags and descriptions in bulk
- Automatically adds schema markup onto product pages
- Identifies and fixes broken or missing tags and links
Price: $12.99 per month after 14-day free trial
- Quickly scans your site for SEO issues and offers solutions to improve SEO
- Allows you to mass edit product images
- Monitors 404 page errors
- Offers an easy way to submit your sitemap
Price: $8.99 per month after 7-day free trial
- Monitors 404 page errors and broken links using Google Webmaster Tools
- Audits and improves site speed for mobile and desktop users
- Identifies site’s top keywords
- Allows the creation of templates for mass updating of meta tags
Technical SEO Tools
While working on the front end of your website is important for SEO, optimizing your site from the back end is just as important. Technical SEO makes it easier for search engines to interpret your site when it is crawled and indexed.
Price: $4.99 per month after 7-day free trial
- Creates meta tags and alt-image tags for all products
- Curates your site’s sitemap while also allowing easy customization
- Automatic schema markup
Price: $299 (one price for a lifetime)
- Automatically installs schema markup
- Includes auto updates to schema for new pages
- Allows utilization of rich snippets and integration of 17 different review applications
Price: $2.99 per month after 7-day free trial
- Allows you to fully customize nofollow pages and crawl-sensitive pages
- Easy generation of sitemap for beginners
Content Optimization Tools
Content is arguably one of the most important factors when it comes to SEO. Not only does it allow you to utilize important keywords that describe what it is you’re selling, but it also helps bridge the gap between what customers are looking for and what you’re selling. Content can come in the form of on-page product/category descriptions, meta titles, meta descriptions, FAQ pages, blogs and much more.
- Audits site for fresh content
- Aids in adding new, fresh content
- Allows customization for displayed content
- Includes multi-language support
- One of the free SEO plug-ins for Shopify
- Auto-optimizes for all screen sizes
Price: $2.99 per month after 7-day free trial
- Allows you to customize placement of content blocks by letting you add, move or expand easily
- HTML knowledge not needed
- Ability to add FAQ sections
Price: $5.99 – $19.99 depending on plan after 9-day free trial
- Allows you to easily find the best keywords for pages
- Connection with Google Search Console required
- Minimum of 500 Impressions on site required
While images and videos are great for increasing your user experience, when they are not optimized, videos and images can become a blind spot for search engines. However, when optimized correctly, they can become a vital tool that boosts your site’s SEO.
Price: $29 depending on plan after 3-day free trial
- Allows automatic posting on Youtube and other social media platforms
- Optimization of all videos with schema markup
- Allows customization of music and video special effects
Price: $24.99 (free plan available)
- Unlimited image sync capacity
- Auto-optimization of alt-image tags
- Identifies and fixes broken links
User Experience Tools
At the end of the day, your site’s success is largely determined by the user’s experience. Search engines like Google are able to track user experience by looking into factors such as page speed, bounce rate and much more.
Price: $1 per page after 7-day free trial
- Analyzes page speed and creates visual data for easy interpretation
- Customized notifications for page-speed alerts
- Real-time monitoring of page speed and performance
Price: $4.99 – $9.99 per month (depending on plan selected)
- Coordinates with Google Merchant Center to display real-time customer reviews
- Displays reviews in search engine results page
Price: $29 per month after 14-day free trial (separate free plan available)
- Automatically integrates AMP (accelerated mobile pages)
- Offers offline browsing for customers
- Customizes push notifications directly to customers
- Overall faster browsing experience for customers
There you have it. The plugins above will help you take your Shopify store’s SEO to the next level. But that won’t get you all the way there. If you really want to futureproof your website and make Google happy, connect with Studio’s SEO team and see how we can take your SEO strategy to new heights.